The Corendon Foundation is an independent foundation that contributes to improving and making holiday destinations more sustainable at home and abroad, by supporting local projects and charities.
The Corendon Foundation has been a Public Benefit Organization (ANBI) since April 11, 2023. A foundation can only be an ANBI if it is entirely committed to the public interest.
Projects can be proposed by external or internal stakeholders. A project proposal must link to Corendon’s core activities and contribute to the sustainable development of its destinations.
In concrete terms, this means that the Corendon Foundation provides (mainly financial) support to initiatives that mainly – but not exclusively – contribute to one or more of the following themes:
- Protection and restoration of nature and biodiversity: conserving natural attractions and protecting and promoting flora and fauna.
- Local economy and employment: encouraging local excursions, products and services, and offering a local platform for smaller initiatives at our destinations.
- Disasters: contributing to emergency aid and (nature) restoration work after a disaster at a destination.
- Innovation in the travel industry: stimulating research, education and technological developments in tourism and aviation.
Revenue and management
Income for the Corendon Foundation consists of annually determined contributions from Corendon Holding and Corendon Hotels & Resorts. The Corendon Foundation is also an incidental fundraising foundation.
The board of the Corendon Foundation manages the income and expenditure and decides four times a year which projects will be supported, based on a democratic majority and taking into account the foundation’s objectives.
The aim of the Corendon Foundation is to support projects in as many destinations as possible where Corendon Holding and Corendon Hotels & Resorts operate and thus contribute to the positive development of those destinations. We want to achieve this by:
- Collaborate with other hotel partners, NGOs and local authorities.
- Promote the possibility of submitting project proposals.
Previous projects and communications
Since its founding in 2011, the Corendon Foundation has contributed to dozens of various projects. The Corendon Foundation projects are reported on the website.
Corporate social responsibility is an important pillar in our corporate philosophy. As a travel and hotel organization, we not only contribute to local employment and economic development, but also to cultural exchange and people development. However, we are also aware of the impact that travel has on the environment, culture and society. By making CSR part of our business operations, we ensure that our organizations have a positive influence on the places where we operate.
Corendon Sustainability and Innovation Foundation
Chamber of Commerce: 52918807
1171 PL Badhoevedorp